The three most favored CMS solutions used today in order of popularity are: Word Press, Drupal, and Joomla. All three are used worldwide, considered fairly user friendly, and free in terms of licensing. So which one is the best? Unfortunately, there is no one CMS that is better than the other… it actually depends on what you want your website to do, and your technical ability to do so. For example…
- Easiest to setup/use/learn
- Best solution for a blog-type site
- Free hosting solutions available
- Limited in design and performance
- Some technical knowledge required
- No coding knowledge required
- Fairly low complexity
- Most themes available (at a price)
- Steepest learning curve
- Requires some coding knowledge
- Has the most extensions available
- Offers the most coding flexibility
WordPress is the best solution for a blog, yet it lacks many of the modules and extensions that are available with Drupal and Joomla. For example, if you need a shopping cart with your website, Word Press cannot help you so the other two are your only options.
So which is better between Drupal and Joomla? Again, it depends on your needs and resources. As mentioned, Drupal has the steepest learning curve and requires coding knowledge to administer. However, it offers the most flexibility so if you have coding resources Drupal might be the best for you. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I we will be shortly.